Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July!

This year my family went to Vegas for the 4th of July so Presten and I were left on our own as what to do! My Aunt Suzy and Uncle Tracy were spending the 4th in Silverton with the Blakes and the Gillelands. Presten and I have never been to Silverton so we thought it would be a blast to head up there for the day since he had to work the day before and the day after. We were SO glad we did too! It was SO much fun! They have quite the parade that goes through town and throws beads like CRAZY!!! 
Here is an example of just how many beads the people in the parade come prepared with! ha

Even Presten got some beads! The girls must have thought he was some cutie ;)


Swifty really landed the beads! This girl is straight up adorable! heart her!

We watched the parade with my Aunt and uncle, Brad and Janelle and the Webbers. We felt so loved having so many ppl who wanted to hang out with us! ha :D

Now here's the part that no one informed Presten and I of before we came up...the FIRE TRUCKS!


They DRENCH YOU!!!!

We tried hiding behind the cars...Yup didn't work they were aiming for the ones hiding and running away!


Baby Lydia!!!



We are only a lil' wet...

After the parade everyone goes over the fire station where the fire fighters have a full on water fight with those huge hoses! It's literally so insane! One guys helmet flew off! It's crazy the amount of pressure in those hoses haha it was too fun! All the kids loved running in the street and through the hose.
Shane had a BLAST and came back to us SOAKED! His comment, "Mom looked what they did to me!" haha like it wasn't his fault too funny!


Yes...I got the awesome Raccoon eyes going on! I put sunscreen on before we left but apparently that wasn't enough and I should have applied more! Since I'm so awesome and wear the big bug eye glasses my raccoon face REALLY stood out! All they guys got quite the kick out of it! ha Well lesson has been learned for next time!

After all the day festivities we headed to town and got ready to watch the fireworks! The boom you could hear was AWESOME! That's probably my favorite part about fireworks is when you can feel the loud boom! Totally the best! And I think the baby likes them too cuz Baby D was wiggling and squirming all over during the fireworks! After that Presten and I made the trek home. By the time we got all our stuff loaded up in the car and were ready to go there was a HUGE line of cars making it's way out of town. We were kind of worried cuz everyone kept telling us how long it normally takes to get back to Durango because there's just so many ppl. The longest part was getting out of town. It took us about 45 minutes, but after that it was super quick an easy. It only took us 10 min longer than normal to get back to Durango which wasn't too bad it was just the sitting in the traffic from town. It was SO worth it though, and Presten and I enjoyed ourselves so much that we are already planning for next year! Crazy to think about, that this time next year we will have almost a 1 year old! So insane! 

No comments:

Post a Comment