Thursday, September 5, 2013

6 Days Old already?!

I can't believe that today Breck is 6 days old! It's crazy how fast the days have gone by and how much this lil' guys face has changed from the day he was born to today. He's only 6 days old and has already changed so much, I want it to slow down. He's so little and perfect and I just want him to stay this way! I know he can't but I can hope right? So in the 6 days he has been home a lot has happened to this sweet guy. He has a lot of fans and people that have been anxiously waiting to meet him! He has had a chance to meet all of his Great Aunts and Uncles on my mom's side, his Aunts (Tianna & Tanessa), his Dana & Papa, cousins, Honey and Papi, Randy & Tammie, his Uncle Trent and his Uncle Mikey. He has been one busy boy meeting all these new faces and he has been amazing through it all! He still has to meet his Uncle Brandon, Uncle Bryt, Uncle Josh & Aunt Kristin and cousins in buffalo and all his extended cousins. This guy has so much family that loves him it's gonna be hard to meet everyone so soon ;)
Breck meeting Uncle Mikey for the first time!

So precious!




Love his lil' face!

Honey and Breck

On Tuesday Breck had his first big trip! We went to the Dr. for his color test and measurements and check up. He weighed 8lbs 7oz the day he was born. When we left the hospital he was 8lbs 5oz and on Tuesday when they weighed him he was 8lbs 5oz. He kept his weight up. Dr. Lavengood said that 3 days after they are born is the smallest they will weigh. Well dang, then my baby boy is one hefty boy! The Dr.'s appt. went great and he was as healthy as ever! On Wednesday we went to the Dr. again. This time for Breck to get circumcised. Talk about the saddest thing EVER!!! He did such an amazing job! Dr. Lavengood said he was SO good and so well behaved. When I came in to get him after the procedure he was a lil' tense but really good and calm. It wasn't until he dirtied his diaper that he escalated because it hurt him so bad. The nurse showed me how to properly take care of his diaper without hurting him so that was a huge relief. It was so sad to see him cry and to know he was in pain and not be able to help him. He is such a trooper though! I thought that since he was in pain that sleeping that night would be hard, I was wrong. He slept for 4 1/2 hrs and then for another 4 hrs after that feeding. Today he has been such a happy boy! 

Some questions I have been getting are how is he doing, does he sleep, is he fussy etc. To answer those questions, Presten and I have been completely BLESSED with this sweet sweet boy! From the day he was born to today he has been such a GOOD baby! Like no joke! He is a great nurser, and we are already on an awesome schedule. He feeds every 2-3 hours during the day and about every 4 - 4 1/2 hrs at night. He sleeps through anything! I make sure to have lots of noise going as well to make sure he will continue to sleep through the noise! I want to keep him sleeping through anything! He can also sleep anywhere. He sleeps in his bassinet, his cradle, on the floor, the couch in your arms etc. My fav place for him to fall asleep though is in my arms where I can love and cuddle him the whole time! In all honesty there is not one thing that is rough or hard. From the first night I had him it was like everything just came so natural to me. I was ready to be a mom and the late nights and waking up and diaper changes all felt natural. Breck and I automatically put ourselves on a schedule and have kept to it. I couldn't be happier as a mom. It's the best job ever! Having Breck here feels like he has been here all along. I'm so glad he gets to be part of our family! We love him so much. Bragging moment on my hubby for a sec...I LOVE watching Presten with Breck. He is SO attentive and just so in love with this lil' guy. I knew when we got married that he would make one amazing dad, but seeing him with Breck and how every day he can't wait to get off work to come home to his lil' man just makes me love him even more than I could have imagined. He is the best dad and just beyond perfect! I am so blessed and such a lucky girl to have these two wonderful guys that I get to call all my own! I love them both so much words can't even begin to express the love I have for them! 

Tonight is the Broncos Vs. Ravens football game and Uncle Trent bought a Jersey for Presten and one for Breck. He is one awesome Uncle! Breck is one very lucky lil' guy! 
"Go Broncos!"

Daddy with his #1! 


No comments:

Post a Comment