Saturday, December 7, 2013

Welcome December!


We made it to DECEMBER!!!! Wooohoo! So much has happened this month I will be splitting all the activities up into different posts. This post is about the beginning of the month! This month Breck will be 4 months old and is still waking up 4-5 times a night. It was wearing me out so I decided to do some sleep training. It took one week and we finally got down to one feeding a night. This little guy is a rock star! At 8:00pm every night I would feed Breck some rice cereal and then nurse him on both sides. For the first week he would still wake up his 4-5 times. Each time I would just bounce and rock him back to sleep. He would just cry and cry but he and I worked through it. Around 2:00 - 3:00am I would feed him and then I wouldn't feed him again until 7:00am. After one week he had his new schedule down and now he and I are so much happier and rested! Yay for wonderful babies!

Here is a pic of his first time trying cereal!


Can't you tell he loves it?

Looks like eating cereal was hard work! Every time he ate it he would fall asleep. Sweet sweet boy!


December 6th we took Breck down to Farmington, NM to meet Santa. Now was that a story! As soon as we got to the mall we went straight to Santa. I did not want to risk the chance of Breck spitting up on his clothes before we got his picture taken. As soon as we got in line Santa's helper informed us that Santa would be taking a break and would be back in 15 min. I was bummed but what can you do. I put Breck in the stroller, and no sooner had I done that than he spit up all over his outfit. I couldn't believe it. So we spent the next 15 min trying to find a different outfit for pictures but I couldn't find any that I liked, so we made our way back to the Santa line. By that time his outfit had dried so I figured we would be ok. I had been standing in line with Breck for about 20-30 min. I was 3 people away from being next to see Santa and all of a sudden out of nowhere Breck Projectile spits up EVERYWHERE!!! He threw up 3 times and they were big! He almost covered the two little girls standing in line behind us. They were dressed in their cute dresses hair done etc. Thank goodness their mom grabbed them before either of them were covered or sprayed. By the time Breck is done spitting up the floor is covered, I have spit up all over my shoulder and neck, down my leggings and in my boot and all over my leg. Needless to say I smelled juicy! I hand Breck to Presten, clean up the floor and get out of line to clean up myself and see what damage Breck had done to his outfit. The amazingness of it all...Breck completely missed his outfit. He was clean!!!! How he did it I have no idea. So we had to get back in line and wait another 15 min but we made it to Santa and Breck gave the biggest grins for the camera so I am grateful for that. It was all worth it in the end, and now we have one great Santa story!
Breck and Santa

He did so good seeing Santa he got a candy cane, and fell asleep with it.

Cutest thing EVER!!!


December 14th was our ward Christmas Party. My friend Shea Costa and her husband Berns Costa were in charge of the party and did an awesome job! It was so much fun! The food was delicious and the games were fun! She even put on a talent show! Guess who was part of that entertainment...yup my sisters and myself! She asked us to do a dance. Tianna choreographed it (she's amazing at choreography incase you were wondering) and we performed to a song by Brian Setzer.


Tianna and I

Here is my little man at the end of the night in my favorite pajamas for him!

To view the dance that we performed follow the link below!






No comments:

Post a Comment