Saturday, November 15, 2014

Brandon & Beyleigh's Engagement Story

On Saturday November 15, 2014 we got more exciting news! My brother Brandon Farley proposed to his girlfriend Beyleigh Clegg!!!! It was a weekend of proposals and awesomeness!  I wanted to do something special and unique so I asked both Brandon & Beyleigh to write down their versions of the proposal. They are compiled below with a list of pictures. This way anyone and everyone can come here and read their adorable and memorable moment over and over again! I hope you enjoy their stories!

Beyleigh's Story:
It was Saturday November 15th, exactly a year since Brandon and I's first date. On our first date last year, we went on a scavenger hunt around town. This year Bran told me that we were going to go on another scavenger hunt for our one year anniversary. I thought that was the cutest idea and was so excited. At first I thought that he might be proposing, and then I thought well we haven't even gone ring shopping and he keeps telling me its going to happen in December or maybe even January.So i just pushed that thought out of my mind. We went to breakfast in the morning and then worked on my car and then he said he had a meeting at 2. So I believed him and went and did my homework while he was at his "meeting". He said he would come get me for our date around 4 so it would still be light outside for us to find everything on our scavenger hunt. So 4 rolls around and he comes to pick me up, and he looked so handsome, like always but especially then. We go to Starbucks, which is where he asked me to go on our first date a year ago. Then when we get back to the car, there was the cutest box with pictures of us, with a glass bottle and a clue in the bottle, sitting on the seat. 
There were also a couple puzzle pieces that we would get along with each clue. We read the clue and it said to go to the Lewis' house.  The first time we really started talking was at FHE one night at the Lewis' and I asked if I could sit by him. So we talked and then played a game of ping pong. Then he got my number later that night and thats where it all began. So we started driving to the Lewis', who is the 1st counselor in the Bishopric. When we got to their house we knocked and went inside. We found the next clue in a glass bottle on the ping pong table. That clue said to go to wood park in Pleasant Grove and look in the rocket. So we drove to wood park and looked to find the rocket ship. When we found the rocket ship, there was a treasure chest with more pictures of us and another glass bottle and clue in it. 



This clue said to go to the place where we watched fireworks during the summer. Which led to the park by the Temple where we watched the fireworks. When we got to the park we found another glass bottle with one more clue in it inside a tree.
There, we also found the last pieces to the puzzle, which would lead to our final destination. The puzzle was a picture of the first place we kissed. It is on a hill with a swing and covering, that overlooks the valley. Very romantic.  So we started driving up to that special place. Bran kept saying his stomach hurt, and I said its probably the hot chocolate. Little did I know, he was just nervous for what was about to happen next. When we got there we started walking up, and Bran started telling me how much he loved me. I started to think it was going to happen, but then again I remembered how we hadn't even gone ring shopping so it probably wasn't a possibility. Right as we got up to the swing where we first kissed, Christmas lights turned on. They were wrapped around the pillars along with blue ribbon, which is my favorite color. Bran knows me so well and knows that I am obsessed with Christmas lights so it was perfect. 
Then on the swing, there was one more treasure chest. I opened it and found more pictures of us, and a glass, heart shaped bottle with a note in it. On the note, there was the most gorgeous ring. I stood in awe and stared for a couple seconds. 

Then I turned around and there was my favorite boy, kneeling on one knee and he asked me to marry him. 



I  kissed him and hugged him so tight. Our song (chocolates and roses) then started playing at the perfect moment. I was crying and just kept hugging him before I could even say yes. Then once I realized I hadn't even answered him, I said yes yes yes!!! Then he put the ring on my finger and we hugged and kissed some more. I have never smiled so much in my entire life. I was so excited and happy and was in love with the ring. 

Somehow he knew exactly what I liked even though we hadn't gone ring shopping, and it was beyond perfect. Then all of the sudden all of his roommates started popping up out of the bushes and came over to congratulate us and take pictures. It was freezing cold, but I didn't care. It was literally the perfect proposal and perfect ring. I couldn't stop staring at it and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. After when we were driving home, he said that he really didn't have a meeting, he had to set up the proposal. He is a sneaky, sneaky one, but he did so good. It was so romantic and I couldnt have asked for anything better. I am so excited to marry my best friend and to be with him for eternity. And that is the story of how 11/15/14 became my new favorite day:)


Brandon's Story:
Friday November 15, 2013 Was Beyleigh and I's first date.  The Tuesday following our date, I went over to Beyleigh's apartment to try and get her alone so I could ask her on a date without her roommates being right there when I asked.  When I got there, she and her cousin were at the library studying.  Her roommate was there and so I sat and talked with her for a few minutes before I took off again and was planning on coming back later when she would be home.  While I was talking to her roommate, she happened to walk in a couple minutes later by herself and immediately I jumped up and asked “Do you want to go get hot cocoa?!” My plan was to get her out of the house so I could ask her on the date.  We left and went to Starbucks and ended up getting a pumpkin spiced chai where I then asked her.  That Friday I picked her up, and we went on a scavenger hunt for the date.  Exactly one year later to the day, We decided that we would go on a date for our anniversary.  I had been planning for months how, when, and where I was going to ask this amazing woman to be my wife.  I had it all planned out that I would convince her and make her think that we were not going to get engaged till December or January.  This was part of my plan to deceive her from spoiling the surprise.  In October, She brought up the idea of going ring shopping and how we should sometime soon.  Knowing I already had the ring, I pushed it off a few more weeks and made myself busy whenever a potential opportunity to go shopping could have come up.  The week of the engagement, I spent the final days finishing all the projects I had put together.  I told Beyleigh that in remembrance of our first date a year ago, that we were once again going to go on a scavenger hunt.  I had everything down to a T I knew exactly how, and where I wanted it all to happen.  Every day closer to the proposal, I became more and more nervous.  All of my roommates were more than willing to help me get everything set up the day of.  I had put together three separate boxes one picture box and two treasure boxes with wire and baby close line clips to hang the pictures from for the scavenger hunt.  Each box had pictures in or on it of significant things we had done together in the last year.  It was an adventure trying to plan and get everything together without her knowing, especially since we spend every chance we get with each other .  Saturday November 15th came and my nerves were out of control.  We spent the morning together going out to breakfast and burning time as we waited for 2:30.  I planned to go on our date and to be at the final place at 5:30 that evening as it would be dusk, but not yet dark, So I told Beyleigh that I had a meeting with a guy from work and that my meeting would go from 2:30 - 3:30 and that I would come back change and go pick her up at 4:00 to go on our date.  During that time, Me and my roommates got everything fine tuned and ready to set up around town.  
As I left at 4:00 to go get Beyleigh, all my roommates set out to hide all the boxes.  They wrote clues that lead from one box to another so that neither Beyleigh nor I would know where any of them were other than I would know the final place.  I Picked her up at 4:00, started driving and made our way to that same Starbucks we had gone to a year ago.  Necessity would have it, that we had to get another Pumpkin Spiced Chai.  As we got back to the car, The first box and clue were on the passenger seat.  Beyleigh opened it up and read the clue which lead to Brother and Sister Lewis’ home where Beyleigh first talked to me, I got her number, and we played our first game of ping pong together where she spanked me…  Along with each clue was an envelope with puzzle pieces that lead to the final destination.  The second clue took us from the Lewis’ to a wood park (no significance to us) 
Where the Second Box was, this was the First treasure chest which had pictures of us dating throughout the past year.  The clue in there lead us to a park by the Mt. Timpanogas Temple where we sat this last summer and watched fireworks.  There we found another clue along with the final puzzle pieces which put together a picture of the place where we first kissed.  This place was a bench swing with a covering at the top of a hill that over looks the whole valley. When we got there and started up the walk, I was talking to Beyleigh and telling her how much I loved her and how I couldn't imagine my life without her.  
The whole covering was wrapped in Tule and christmas lights with the Last Treasure box on the Bench. My mini speaker was hidden in the weeds unseen along with all my roommates.  I told them I wanted the lights to come on just as we were walking towards the covering. As we came closer, they did exactly as planned and the lights lit up the whole area.  Beyleigh saw the last box and went over to open it up.  I stood along side of her as if i had no idea what was inside.  As she opened it, I slowly snuck behind her and knelt down,  




She grabbed the heart shaped bottle out of the box stunned at what it was and sat there staring for what felt like 5 minutes.  As she turned around, I asked her if she would marry me with her hand on her mouth she put the bottle down ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug and said “YES YES YES!”

























 After I asked her and before she said yes, I had our song “Chocolates and Roses” by the Green start playing on the speaker.  It was perfect and worked flawless.  Afterwards all my roommates jumped out of the bushes and came to hug and congratulate us.  

Literally everything went exactly as planned and I could not have asked for it to be any better.  It was an amazing experience and such a fun fun fun one to have with my best friend!  I am so grateful and excited to start this new chapter in my life with my amazing woman and look forward to the many more adventures that are to come!!!!    

































CONGRATULATIONS to Brandon & Beyleigh! We are so excited for your future, and all the adventures and memories you get to take and make together! We love you both so much and are SO happy that you are ours!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment